• Advertisement

1.5** Free Early Bird Rivalry #Yankees vs. #Redsox

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

1.5** Free Early Bird Rivalry #Yankees vs. #Redsox

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:03 pm

Yankees -105 1.5* Free Play
The Yankees have lost 3 of 4 at home, but I think that gives us a bit of value here today which is all I'm searching for when I bet on the MLB. The fact of the matter is we have two evenly matched teams who both are without their closer so the starting pitching is going to be relied on big time. I don't see how the home team is essentially an under dog here when you look at Hiroki Kuroda's success. He posted a 2.35 ERA at home last year and a 2.26 ERA during day starts, but a 4.88 ERA vs. Boston. However, John Lackey posts a 4.48 ERA away, 3.69 ERA during day starts and 5.76 ERA vs. the Yankees. If we go back further Lackey has struggled posting a 5.41 during day starts and a 5.11 ERA on the road over the last 3 years compared to Kuroda's 2.80 at home and 2.53 ERA during day starts over the last 3 years. Lackey has given up 15 ER in just 17.2 IP over the last 3 years at Yankee Stadium and has given up 4 or more ER 6x in his last 10 vs. the Yankees compared with Kuroda who has only 1 of those games in his last 10 vs. the Red Sox. It's not like the Red Sox offense is killing it right now posting just 2.67 runs per 9 vs. RHP. The Yankees are also 18-7 in their last 25 home games as a favorite.

Don't miss out on today's RARE 5.5* max MLB POD! This play comes with a full in depth analysis that covers the pitching match up, the bullpens, the offense and many other situational stats and trends. Guaranteed or Sunday is on Freddy!
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks