• Advertisement

4** MLB POD - #Yankees vs. #Redsox 7:10pm Game 3

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4** MLB POD - #Yankees vs. #Redsox 7:10pm Game 3

Postby Pick Bot » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:12 pm

Red Sox -115 4* MLB POD
I will take the home team with the better pitching in this one. The Yankees will also be busy answering questions about Pineda's pine tar incident from yesterday's match up, but I expect Boston to be focused to win this game as they are 18-3 in Felix Doubrant's last 21 game 3's. Felix Doubrant does not have great numbers against the Yankees, but they are better than his opponent and he's backed by the 3rd best bullpen in the league while Sabathia is backed by the 22nd. Doubrant had a 3.84 ERA here at home last year and has faced multiple top 10 offenses already this year while Sabathia has not faced a team inside the top 15 all year.

Sabathia in his last 12 starts vs. Boston has a 6.48 ERA and he carries a 7.41 ERA in his last 6 at Fenway over the last 3 years. Sabathia is not walking guys but again he's faced some of the worst hitting teams in the young season and has still struggled. His fastball is down nearly 3mph on average and I just think the Red Sox are poised to go on a little winning streak here as they are 17-5 in their last 22 games vs. LH starter while the Yankees are 4-9 in Sabathia's last 13 vs. the Red Sox.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks