• Advertisement

4** MLB POD Goes Late - #Padres vs. #Royals

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4** MLB POD Goes Late - #Padres vs. #Royals

Postby Pick Bot » Mon May 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Padres +107 4* MLB POD
We have a very interesting pitching match up here today with one of the most exciting young pitchers in Yordano Ventura facing off against a very boring LHP veteran Eric Stults. 64% of the public is all over Ventura and the Royals and why not he's #1 in average velocity and has pitched great, but his raw stats are a bit deceiving. He walks over 3 batters per 9 and throws mostly fast balls and he's on 4 days rest yet again so I don't expect the Royals to let him go very deep into this game. What that means is the struggling bullpen will take over. Royals bullpen has an ERA over 5 over their last 10 games while the Padres have a 1.02 ERA at home.

Eric Stults will pitch ahead of that bullpen and he finally gets a start against an easier team. He's faced 5 top 10 hitting teams vs. LHP and now he faces the Royals at home on extra rest who are 29th in OPS vs. LHP scoring just 2.27 runs per 9 on the year. I like my chances with the Padres and their bullpen to really shut down the Royals offense that has been struggling. Stults was very good on 5 days rest last year and is pitching a bit better than numbers indicate. He's 15-5 in his last 20 starts at home and posted a 3.06 ERA over 15 starts a year ago while the Royals are 0-6 in their last 6 at SD.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks