• Advertisement

4* MLB POD - Red Sox vs. Reds 7:10pm ET

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4* MLB POD - Red Sox vs. Reds 7:10pm ET

Postby Pick Bot » Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 pm

Red Sox -142 4* MLB POD

I have had my struggles this year betting on or against the Red Sox, but I feel like they are about to get hot winning 3 of their last 4 games now and facing an over rated Reds team. I always like betting the home team in interleague play. I think the AL offense has a tremendous advantage and the NL pitching will have an advantage at home. First of all NL teams are not used to putting a quality bat out there for the extra hitter and when the AL team travel their hitter is put in an uncomfortable position of having to hit which can screw with his mentality when he goes onto the mound. Tonight we are betting the AL home team.

Boston will send Jake Peavy to the mound on extra rest tonight which has been a very good thing. Dating back to last season Peavy has 9 straight quality starts on 5 or more days rest when he's at home posting a 2.47 ERA combined. He's got great success against the Reds posting a 2.14 ERA over 10 career starts. Reds hitters have a combined 71 AB, .183 avg, and .445 OPS vs. Peavy who always seems to pitch like the old Peavy when his arm is fresh.

Mike Leake has been a quality pitcher throughout his career he will not wow you but he's consistent and has been consistently good on the road. However, now he has to face an extra hitter and the Red Sox offense seems to be coming around as Dustin Pedroia gets hot. The Red Sox are 77-31 in their last 108 inter league home games and typically beat up on RHP. Leake on just 4 days rest after pitching his best game in his last start and not getting the win will have a tough time here and he hands it over to a bullpen ranked 24th in ERA another major advantage for the Red Sox.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks