• Advertisement

4.5** MLB POD Guaraneed 92-36 angle included!

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4.5** MLB POD Guaraneed 92-36 angle included!

Postby Pick Bot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Angels -140 4.5* MLB POD
I'm taking the Angels in this spot they are a far superior hitting team especially vs. left handed pitching which both teams will face tonight. The Angels are ranked 2nd in OPS vs. LHP and the White Sox are ranked 23rd, but those stats really don't do their justice. The Angels are also a hot hitting team right now 15 runs in the first two games of the series and scoring over 6 runs per 9 over their last 10 games while the White Sox are at less than 2. The Angels who don't have the better bullpen do over the last 10 days by a 2.48 to 4.45 margin.

I took a look at both pitchers numbers and on the surface both are the same the two biggest differences are freshness and experience. Right now Tyler Skaggs has not pitched in nearly a month and he'll be fresher where as John Danks is pitching in his 3rd start in a row on 4 days rest. HE may have a 2.77 ERA at home this year, but when he's on 4 days rest at home he carries a 5.09 ERA which is nothing new for Danks (4.18 in 2013). I also like the fact that Danks ERA is lower than what it should be his xFIP is 4.91 while Skaggs ERA is higher than his xFIP of 3.71. Meaning we have the better starting pitcher in the match up and I think the value is correct. The Angels are 37-14 in their last 51 games vs. a losing team and the White Sox are 22-45 in their last 67 vsa. winning team combining for a 92-36 angle for the Angels.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks