• Advertisement

4** MLB POD Goes Late Friday Night!

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4** MLB POD Goes Late Friday Night!

Postby Pick Bot » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Mariners -123 4* MLB POD
This play has everything to do with King Felix Hernandez as he matches up with the best team in the league. Felix is as well rested as he's ever been going into the All Star break. This is his third start in a row on 5 days rest which you don't see much from him, but his results on 5 days rest are absolutely great posting a 1.67 ERA this year in 6 starts with a 54:9 K to BB ratio in 43 IP with a 0.61 WHIP. Last year it was more of the same while he posted a 2.35 ERA on 5 days rest. I expect him to pitch well again tonight he has held this Oakland line up to a .570 OPS over 313 AB and they are struggling over their last 10 vs. RHP .234 3.59 runs per 9 which is much lower than their season average.

Although Seattle's offense has been in a slump themselves I think it will help with Jeff Samardija on the mound who is pitching well, but has not pitched up to those numbers on the road and yet he comes off the high of pitching in his first game as an Oakland A at home now he hits the road on 4 days rest. I just think he might have pitched too hard in his last start and is due for a let down here against the Mariners who actually have the better bullpen to take the ball from Felix as they are posting a 2.39 ERA on the season and a 1.22 over their last 10. Felix has a 2.64 ERA vs. Oakland who is 22-10 in his 32 starts against them.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks