• Advertisement

4** MLB POD - #Whitesox vs. #Astros - 36-15 Angle!

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4** MLB POD - #Whitesox vs. #Astros - 36-15 Angle!

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Astros -105 4* MLB POD
I'll go with the Astros here to rebound from the loss last night as the White Sox are 15-36 in their last 51 Saturday games and they will have the significantly better pitcher on the mound. Dallas Keuchel has been very consistent this year, but he did struggle over his last 4 starts going into the All Star break.. I think now he is well rested (9 days rest) and is ready for another sharp run of quality pitching. We are getting value here because he struggled over his last 4 but a closer look and we see all 4 opponents in the top 10 in OPS vs. LHP. In fact 11 of his 17 starts have been against top 15 OPS opponents and the other 6 he has 1.71 ERA which I bring up because the Chicago White Sox are 27th in OPS vs. LHP. I expect Keuchel to bounce back from his recent run of poor starts when he faces the White Sox who are hitting .232 and scoring 1.23 runs per 9 over their last 10 vs. LHP.

For the White Sox they throw their most inconsistent starter out there in Hector Noesi who has struggled with control and has given up 12 hits in 33 AB to the Astros roster. He posts a 5.15 ERA at home with a 1.56 WHIP. The Astros can hit a bit and really don't hit RHP well, but the pitching match up is too significant to ignore. Noesi has not pitched well on extra rest either 22 ER in 6 starts over 35.2 IP for a 5.55 ERA.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks