• Advertisement

4* MLB POD Thursday NIght!

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4* MLB POD Thursday NIght!

Postby Pick Bot » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:12 pm

RED SOx -158 4* MLB POD
I'll take my chances with the Red Sox at home vs. a bad road team in the Astros. The Astros also don't hit RHP well this year compared with LHP. Allen Webster's numbers look worse than they really are but I'm encouraged by his last start vs. the Angels which sports a much better lineup than the Astros. Webster who has an extra day of rest for tonight's start at home went 6.2 IP allowing 2 ER in LA in his last start. The pitching is the main concern for the Astros as their bullpen has just been bad all season.

Houston has a 5.03 ERA which is worst in the bigs they are even worse on the road with a 5.65 ERA and there have been no signs for improvement. The Red Sox bullpen has been decent ranking 12th with an ERA in the 3's but performing better of late helping them win some games lately (3 in a row). However, the biggest reason I am making this a POD selection at this price is Scott Feldman. Feldman has pitched great of late, but he faces a Red Sox line up that added Yoenis Cespedes who is 3-8 off of him while Feldman has already struggled vs. the Sox. 4 of his 6 career starts were disaster starts and he's allowed an OPS over 1.000 to 7 of 9 hitters in today's lineup which is 38-93 against him. I don't see Feldman going deep in this game and with the bullpen that supports him this game could be an easy win for the Sox.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks