• Advertisement

4.5 ** MLB POD Guaranteed #Jays vs. #Rays

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4.5 ** MLB POD Guaranteed #Jays vs. #Rays

Postby Pick Bot » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:10 pm

Jays -115 4.5* MLB POD
I love the Jays tonight they come off a rough 8 game road trip but being back home where they play very well is exactly what they need here. I think they get the right match up against a LH Starter in Drew Smyly. Smyly will face 8 of 9 right handed batters and that's a big deal because he's allowed an .860 OPS vs. RH batters vs. a .448 vs. LH batters. Smyly has also not gone deep into games which can be an issue since the Rays bullpen has a 5.17 ERA over the last 5 games and their offense has put up more than 2 runs only 1x in the last 5 games. Their offense is trending in the wrong direction, but for the Jay...

Blue Jays scored 9 in their last game and are hitting LHP. They also send Marcus STroman to the mound on 5 days rest. He's got a 2.70 ERA at home with a 0.95 WHIP, but even more impressive is he's 5 for 5 in quality starts at home on extra rest and he comes off a start where he only threw 37 pitches. His ERA at home on 5 days rest is 1.25 ERA dominating each start against quality opponents. I like the Jays to get back on top here tonight.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks