• Advertisement

Peach Bowl - Alabama vs. Washington

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

Peach Bowl - Alabama vs. Washington

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Alabama -14 2.2% play
I don’t like backing this team because I think their line is inflated, but I just think this is a good match up for them. As long as they take care of the football they should win this game. Washington has relied heavily on winning the turnover margin this year with a +21 margin making some of their games blowouts. Alabama has had issues with their freshmen QB turning it over, but in last year’s two playoff games they did not turn the ball over. Nick Saban knows how to get his teams prepared on extra rest and even though I like Chris Peterson who is 5-0 all time vs. AP TOP 10 teams. I just think Peterson is not going to sneak up anyone here.

Let’s take a look at Alabama on extra rest recently. 52-6 victory over USC, 10- victory over LSU, 38-0 over Michigan State, 35-17 over Wisconsin. It goes on from here. Alabama’s defense wants to live up to being one the best in history and I just don’t think this QB Jake Browning is good enough and ready for this situation. Sure his numbers are fantastic, but it was evident when he stepped up in competition he was not even close to being the same. He played an average pass defense ranked 71.5 so a very weak schedule. Overall this offense has faced a defense with an average yards per play rank of 79th in the country. Browning faced Colorado an aggressive defense and was 9-24 for 118 yards.

Washington has vulnerabilities in their run defense and stopping running QB’s. They could not stop Arizona’s Brandon Dawkins earlier this season who had 12 carries for 183 yards. Jalen Hurts is much better and I think as long as he doesn’t turn the ball over Alabama should win this one going away in the second half.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks