• Advertisement

Friday Night Lights - Guaranteed 2-0 or Saturday is FREE!

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

Friday Night Lights - Guaranteed 2-0 or Saturday is FREE!

Postby Pick Bot » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:03 pm

Florida Atlantic +10 2.2% play
Navy returns some new starters, but they are breaking in a new QB this year who started and did not look good in the game against Army to end the year. This would have been a play of the day if the line did not move against me like it has, but I feel still very strongly about FAU and my algorithms also feel strongly with an 11-2 ATS edge.
I spoke about this team on my podcast quite a bit this off season and it’s not just the splash of Lane Kiffin who I feel is an under rated coach. This is FAU’s best recruiting class ever ranked #1 in Conference USA and 69th overall, Navy was 97th. They also bring in a potential star at QB in De’Andre Johson who I think will make some splashes this season. The former Florida State QB out of high school played at JUCO Eastern Mississippi and comes over with his QB coach Clint Tricket. Kiffin also brings over another young coach in Kendal Briles to lead the offense. Unfortunate for Briles he shares the same last name as his father, but after beign the OC at Baylor the last two years this is a great move for him and should get him another job after the year.
Other reasons to like Florida Atlantic are the fact that they are among the most experienced teams in the country returning 17 total starters and they lost just 8 letterman. They have been a team lacking confidence the last two years with 7 combined net close losses including multiple blown fourth quarter leads. They have 3 guys on offense that I feel are first team All-CUSA in WR Kalib Woods, C antonyo Woods, and T Reggie Bain. Meanwhile the defense has two as well in S Jalen Young, and LB Azeez Al-Shaair.
Navy always out performs expectations, but I prefer to back them as an underdog on the road not a double digit favorite. They break in a new QB which is the most important position on a triple option team. FAU has had all summer to prepare for the offense they will face and I think they have the potential of winning this game outright.
Rutgers +27.5 3.3% play
Washington won this game last year by the score of 48-13 at home, but the final was a bit misleading. If you can believe it Rutgers was only -76 yards in the game and Washington had 2 special team turnovers. Washington obviously getting a lot of public money coming off last season, but there are many reasons not to like this team as much as last year. Washington’s defense was excellent, because they were able to defend the pass, but they lose 3 key players in the secondary and return 13 total starters.
Washington was also extremely fortunate last year leading the nation in +18 turnovers which typically means they won’t be as lucky the next year. Teams with +14 or more turnovers in a season have a weaker or same record the following season 77% of the time dating back to 1991.
While the offense should be just as potent with Browning back this is also a long road trip from the state of Washington to the state of New Jersey and they are bigger favorites than last year when they were home. They are also without arguably their best defensive player in LB Azeem Victor who is suspended for this game.
There are a lot of things to like about Rutgers moving forward. First of all Chris Ash is in his second year and they return 13 starters. Now the offense averaged just 15.7 ppg a year ago, and that will likely keep many people from betting them, but not me. I like the moves they made brining in Jerry Kill, an excellent coach at Minnesota to coach this offense. With Kill they also bring over a grad transfer in QB Kyle Bolin from Louisville to run the offense along with two other power 5 transfers at WR and they also get Janarion Grant back from injury at WR.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks