• Advertisement

uconn. pitt

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

uconn. pitt

Postby Pick Bot » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Connecticut is led by guard A.J. Price (12.1 ppg, 4.4 apg, 3.4 rpg) and center Hasheem Thabeet. Price had scored in double figures in eight straight games before finishing with just six points in a 62-54 win over Seton Hall on Saturday.
Pittsburgh guard Levance Fields (11.1 ppg, 7.7 apg) is one of the best ball handlers in the country and he has 56 assists against just six turnovers the past five games, including 13-0 assist-turnover ration Saturday against Cincinnati. The Panthers shot a school-record tying 67.4 percent in the win.
Bettors should also use caution if they are thinking about Pittsburgh and the moneyline: The Panthers are 0-13 all-time vs. the No. 1 ranked team with their last three meetings coming against Connecticut.
Life without Dyson
Huskies junior guard Jerome Dyson, one of the team’s best outside shooters, was averaging 13.2 points per game before tearing the lateral meniscus in his right knee against Syracuse on Wednesday. He is expected to undergo surgery on Monday and likely will miss the rest of the season.
"I was more disappointed than anything," Dyson told the Connecticut Post. "It seems like every time I get off to a good start, something happens that pulls me back down. I just have to come back and start fresh next season."
The injury forced coach Jim Calhoun to shift to a six-man rotation, with senior Craig Austrie taking Dyson’s place as a starter. Austrie, Thabeet, Price, Jeff Adrien and Kemba Walker each played more than 30 minutes with reserve Stanley Robinson (20 minutes) the only other player to make a noticeable contribution on Saturday.
Austrie finished with six points on just 2-of-10 shooting against Seton Hall.

Monday's Big East beauty between UConn and Pitt could go a long way in deciding the top seeds in the NCAA tournament. Find out all the trends, storylines and keys to the contest.

Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks