• Advertisement

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

Postby Pick Bot » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:32 pm

South Florida / Temple Over 63 2.2% play
Temple's defense has really digressed so far this year and they have yet to outgain their opponent in 3 games. They have really struggled to run the ball at less than 3 yards per carry and that's a big deal here as they had 51 rushes against South Florida a year ago. Really when you look at this match up South Florida wants revenge and they play an up-tempo game plan averaging 102 plays per game. I don't think Temple can control this game considering they have struggled to run the ball.

That means at some point in this game, Temple's offense will have to throw the ball. That seems to be South Florida's weakness on defense as they are only allowing 3 yards per carry rushing right now. So I think that will lead to more points for Temple.

Also, I am expecting South Florida to get up big early and their defense to take it easy a bit in this one as Temple tries to climb back into the game. South Florida gave up 350+ yards and 23 points to a bad Illinois. I expect a similar score to last week's game for South Florida as they kick it into high gear and I think this is a relatively low total with the perception that Temple has another good defense, but they returned only 4 starters this year. They really struggled against Notre Dame on the road allowing 3 100 yard runners which included the QB. Quinton Flowers should have a big game and get back into the Heisman Trophy conversation. The total has gone over in all 3 of their recent matchups. South Florida is over 10-2 in their last 12 home games.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks