• Advertisement

Nebraska vs. Ohio State - Big Ten Game of the Week

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

Nebraska vs. Ohio State - Big Ten Game of the Week

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Freddy is all about integrity and is off to a slow college football start with just a 29-33 ATS record -19% ROI. In a similar position last year -15.5% at this point he profited 49.36% the rest of the way! Never a better time to invest in a season or weekly special at - Buy low!

Nebraska +24.5
Ohio State is not 12 points better than Wisconsin. Wisconsin was a 12.5 point favorite here a week ago although they did cover it this is a very inflated line based on recent bias as Ohio State has been on fire covering spreads. Ohio State has faced defenses ranked 88, 100, 108, 119 the last 4 weeks and the offense is clicking, but with their bye approaching next week before Penn State I’m not so sure they get a lead and get conservative in this game. Ohio State has been dominating of late by so much people forget how average they were in their first two games against good defenses. Nebraska has a good defense still especially at home under the lights.

Nebraska has to feel like they owe their fans something here. They were blown out 62-3 last year against Ohio State and that probably has a lot to do with this line here, but they lost their QB early in that game and you could see the team give up. This is the biggest underdog role Nebraska has been at home in over 40 years. Before last week’s loss to Wisconsin, Nebraska had won 20 straight games under the lights at home and I think they can be competitive here. Ohio State’s offense is not nearly what it’s been of late. Remember the talks of JT. Barret being benched? Oh what facing 4 poor defenses will do. Nebraska is actually by far the best pass defense Ohio State has faced all year. Urban Meyer is no dummy he will keep the ball on the ground and use the recipe that Wisconsin did a week ago.

Nebraska’s offense I think could do a little damage here. Ohio State’s weakness is in the secondary although you wouldn’t know it since they have not faced a team with a passing game since the Oklahoma game. Tanner Lee just came up with 271 yards and they are not afraid to chuck it down the field. I’d make this a higher rated play if I felt like Lee could be better with turning the ball over. I would even call for a possible upset if I knew Lee would take care of the ball, but that’s not the case. I expect a similar game to the Wisconsin game a week ago with Ohio State playing more conservative than they have in recent games as they go into their bye.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks