• Advertisement

College Football Play of the Day

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

College Football Play of the Day

Postby Pick Bot » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:32 pm

TCU -6.5 4.4% NCAAF POD
I liked the Horned Frogs here who are probably an unpopular favorite this week. Iowa State has covered 3 straight weeks by 14+ points against the spread and are now ranked #25, but they are stepping up in class this week against TCU.

TCU’s attention is on Iowa State who they know are a threat to their college football playoff spot. This team is well focused for this game and I think should hold Iowa State’s offense in check. Kyle Kempt the walk on QB for Iowa State has completed 70% of his passes 7TD’s and 1 INT, but has gone against the 97th, 129th, and 87th ranked pass defenses. Here he will face TCU who ranks #32 overall, but are also dominant vs. the run and are holding opponents to 47.6% completion percentage. That’s key here as Iowa State has been unable to run the ball consistently. TCU should have a good defensive game plan here.

TCU has been very good on the road and I have to admit that Kenny Hill has been impressive in a balanced offense. Iowa State has also benefited from facing teams with poor special teams rankings. Oklahoma 123rd, Texas Tech 91st, and Kansas 110th. This week they face TCU who is ranked #2 in special teams. They also face off in a game where they don’t have the coaching edge. I really like Matt Campbell, but Gary Patterson is simply one of the best.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks