• Advertisement

ACC Championship Game -

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

ACC Championship Game -

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Clemson -10 2.2% play
Clemson is a fully balanced team in playoff mode right now and I don’t think Miami who is probably low on confidence after their game against Pitt is ready for this step up game. This is the best offense, and the best defense that Miami has played all year and certainly the best team. Miami has only faced two teams ranked in the top 50 in yards per play. Toledo put 30 points on them really early in the season and Notre Dame I think we realized was over rated and one dimensional. Clemson is not one dimensional despite what the media may say. They can absolutely move the ball on the ground or the air and have a mobile QB. Miami’s 10th ranked defense might get exposed a bit here.
Defensively, Miami’s inexperienced offense has not faced a team like Clemson. They have had issues blocking up front and it showed against Pitt who has the #81 ranked yards per play defense. Clemson #2 at getting to the QB in sack rate, and Miami again has not faced a top 30 pass rush all year, but Miami ranks 69th in protecting their QB and they have been worse of late. This is also a coaching mismatch let’s be honest. We have Miami OC Thomas Brown going up against Clemson Brent Venables.
This is also a game of experience. Clemson has been in this game many times before and in the last two years have played in a ton of big games. Miami, it’s their first time in the ACC Championship game and while they played well in their step up games, those games were at home. Clemson in step up games won and covered the spread with ease. At ranked South Carolina last week, against Auburn in week 2, @ Louisville a ranked team at the time, and Virginia Tech another road game. Clemson won and covered each step up game and I don’t care about paying a premium to play them in this spot as I expect a cover and double digit victory.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks