• Advertisement

3** MLB POD - #Nationals vs. #Braves

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

3** MLB POD - #Nationals vs. #Braves

Postby Pick Bot » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:12 pm

Nationals -140 3* MLB POD
I'll take a look at the Nationals here and I'm dialing down my confidence rankings, because I always typically struggle at this point of the year.. Both teams struggle to hit right handed pitching and both will face pitchers enjoying great seasons. However, Gavin Floyd is due to start showing his inconsisntencies here soon and the Nationals would be a good match up for that to happen in when they have 91 AB and a .341 average .915 OPS against him. I love the fact that their table setter Denard Span is 17-38 with a .447 average. Floyd showed some signs of coming back down to earth in his last start allowing 4 ER.

For Jordan Zimmermann he's on fire after throwing just 76 pitches in his last start over 8 innings he's given up just 1 ER in his last 3 starts covering 25 innings including a complete game. He comes into this game being on 5 days of rest where he is 13-2 over the last 2 years. He's also held the Braves to a .621 ops. The Braves also don't hold their typical advantage out of the bullpen as the Nationals are nearly under 2 at home compared with the Braves who have a bullpen ERA well over 4 on the road. I wish we grabbed this line earlier in the day, but still feel confident.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks