• Advertisement

5.5% play of the day week 1

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

5.5% play of the day week 1

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:32 pm

Miami Ohio +120 5.5% NCAAF POD
I don’t really understand why Miami is a home dog here when they are on the same level as Marshall. I think the MAC is pretty even to C-USA as well and this was the season opener last year where Miami Ohio actually played better but lost the game. The game was at Marshall and Miami Ohio was a small road favorite and outgained Marshall 429 - 267, but lost because of 2 kick return TD’s and a 72 yard interception returned for a TD. Luckily we had Miami Ohio in a teaser and still covered, but it was a warning sign to a very unlucky season for Miami Ohio that I believe they are motivated to turn around in 2018.

Miami Ohio had 4 losses by 5 points or less, they lost their QB for 3 games in Gus Ragland (returning), 2 OL starters. This all after they beame the first team in college football history to start 0-6 and finish 6-0 in 2016 behind Ragland who had a 17 TD to 1 INT Ratio. This is obviously a game they want to make a statement about what kind of team they will be in 2018. They have senior leadership all over the field who have been starting since 2016 and were part of that turn around.
Marshall here returns 18 starters, but they are getting enough credit here in the line. I really don’t like this team as a road favorite under Doc HOlliday as they are better an an underdog role. Under Holliday they have gone 8-14-1 ATS as a road favorite. This was a winning team ATS last year so we naturally want to fade them the following year despite the 18 returning starters they do not return their starting QB. They get a grad transfer from Wagner who is hyped to have NFL talent, but going up against a very underrated Miami Ohio defense I think the offense will struggle as they did a year ago.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks