• Advertisement

Sportsbetcapping.com - Free Pick Utah State vs USC Preview

• Advertisement

Sportsbetcapping.com - Free Pick Utah State vs USC Preview

Postby Freddy Wills » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 pm

Check out my full in depth article which includes my and free pick.

Utah State wants that signature win over a BCS team really bad and they keep getting closer each and every year. In 2009 they lost by 8 Texas A&M, in 2010 it was just 7 to Oklahoma, 2011 just 4 points to Auburn, and by 2 at Wisconsin in 2012. So can this finally be it for Utah State?

USC finally put some offense out there last week against a decent defense in Boston College, but BC was awful on defense last year and had to travel across the country so how much stock can you really put in their 35 point efforts? At the end of the day there are more questions than answers for USC's offense that seems to have some depth issues at WR and their offensive line has had some major issues. Their real strength is running the ball, but at some point they are going to have to pass to win this game, because Utah State is capable of shutting down a running game. Utah State's front 7 is led by their linebacker strength led by Kyler Fackrell and Jake Doughtry which should be able to get off the field on third down. Utah State's defense is ranked 21st in third down conversion defense allowing 29%.

They will have the best player on the field in QB Chuckie Keeton who also has help at RB with Joe Hill and Joey De Martino which gives this rushing offense some nice balance. I think there is value here with USC's defense getting a ton of praise for really no reason. They luooked stout against BC, Washington State and Hawaii, but all three of those teams are predictable and one dimensional. Washington State is 2nd in passing play% throwing 70% of the time, Hawaii is 18th, and Boston College is 109th passing just 36% of the time. Utah State is a perfect balance and can do both behind a veteran offensive line that is arguably one of the best in football with a combined 125 starts. They will pass the ball 49% of the time and run 51% of the time. There has been a lot of media hype calling USC's defense great and I think it's about to get a bit of a shock when they face a hurry up offense with a dual threat QB. Utah State also has life on 3rd down ranking 4th in conversions. The three previous opponents that USC has faced all have been terrible with conversion percentages of 37.5, 29.17, and 17.

If you can get the TD spread available at many books grab it. Despite going on the road this Utah State team is for real and USC is in shambles hidden behind last week's brief positive moment against a BC team that had to travel from the East coast to play.
Freddy Wills
SBC Expert

• Advertisement

Return to Sports Articles