• Advertisement

4.4* NCAAF POD *ACC Game of the Week #VTech vs. #GTech

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

4.4* NCAAF POD *ACC Game of the Week #VTech vs. #GTech

Postby Pick Bot » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Don't miss out on this mid week special as it will be my ACC game of the week between Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech on ESPN. This play is backed by a full in depth analysis and guaranteed or one day is FREE.

Virginia Tech +7 4.4* NCAAF POD
Virginia Tech nearly lost to both East Carolina and Marshall out of Conference USA so we are getting value in their first game vs. the ACC especially since Georgia Tech had an impressive win over UNC last week and dominated Duke. With Vad Lee at QB they are calling him the "most complete" QB that Paul Johnson has had to run his triple option, but I see a lack of explosive plays with his running game and his 7TD to 1INT are nice passing the ball, but against an FCS opponent and Duke and North Carolina who combine for just 12 sacks and 38 tackles for loss I just don't see them in a 3rd in a long situation where he's going to get pressured. Facing Virginia Tech and Bud Foster's experienced defense will be different for the youngster. Foster's defense already has 16 sacks and 37 tackles for loss led by James Gayle and JR Collins.

Virginia Tech has the experience at linebacker to make the tackles too in Jack Tyler who had 17 tackles in last years match up. This defense is better than last year and I"m still not sold on this Georgia Tech offense behind Lee. Meanwhile an interesting development offensively for Virginia Tech has been the emergence of Chris Mangus who has averaged 6.5 ypc in the running game which has been what this offense has lacked since last year. Mangus can get to the edge and be a game changer. I think he'll get more opportunities tonight to spell Trey Edmunds and he'll make the most of it. UNC rushed for over 4 yards per carry last week and Virginia Tech also has a capable dual threat QB in Logan Thomas. I think this will be an ugly low scoring game, but in the end Bud Foster's defense will force some turnovers from Vad Lee as the inexperienced QB will finally see a capable defense.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks