• Advertisement

5.5* NCAAF Max POD Guaranteed #PAC12 #ASU vs. #UCLA

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

5.5* NCAAF Max POD Guaranteed #PAC12 #ASU vs. #UCLA

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:03 pm

This is essentially the PAC 12 semi final game with the winner getting to move on to face Oregon. It's an interesting match up in what has been an interesting PAC 12 year, but I recognize a huge error in this line and I'm making it my play of the week. Don't miss out on my full in depth analysis.

Arizona State -1.5 5.5* NCAAF POD
Interesting how we have 65% or more of the public coming in on UCLA who is ranked higher than Arizona State but are under dogs in their own building. I'm going with Arizona State here for a few reasons including the fact that they will have some revenge from last year's 3 point loss at home.

The last 2 weeks have exposed UCLA a bit here and this offense that many consider elite is not. They struggle against elite front 7's and that's exactly what Arizona State has. UCLA start 3 freshmen along the offensive line and now they have been letting a linebacker run the ball? Myles Jack has been great and a good story, but he has had some fumble issues that he's lucky have not hurt him. Sutton, Bradfor and Coleman will dominate this game up front. UCLA is allowing Hundley to be sacked 7.21% of his drop backs while Arizona State is 22nd in sack %. That will be the difference in this game as Arizona State's secondary is very good allowing just 53% completions and have 17 interceptions. Hundley was very bad against the other two good pass defenses he faced throwing 1 TD and 4 interceptions.

Okay, so Arizona State flat out dominated Washington at home holding them to 212 yards while putting up 585. UCLA was out gained on a Friday night and were very lucky that Washington turned the ball over 4 times and their QB got hurt too. UCLA was so lucky that they jumped on 4 fumbles in the first half alone including one that Myles Jack lost and kicked 30 yards while two Huskies defenders squandered a chance to jump on the ball. It changed the entire aspect of that game. Arizona State is too opportunistic and is clearly the better team right now. UCLA's secondary is going to struggle and the no huddle offense will wear them down. Arizona State is just more experienced on both sides of the ball and it will show on Saturday. Todd Graham has constantly made adjustments to fit his players strength and I think he deserves coach of the year honors especially if they get to play Oregon for the PAC 12 Championship which is what is on the line in this game.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks