• Advertisement

GoDaddy Bowl Game - 4.4* NCAAF Play of the Day!

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

GoDaddy Bowl Game - 4.4* NCAAF Play of the Day!

Postby Pick Bot » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:03 pm

Freddy Wills releases another top play in bowl season, just his second winning the second. Freddy has gone 4-2 ATS in his career in the GoDaddy bowl game, and Freddy has one of his most confident plays ever backed by a full in depth analysis or Christmas Eve is on the house where Freddy has gone 8-1 ATS in college football career!

Georgia Southern +7.5 4.4* NCAAF POD
This is Georgia Southern’s first bowl game and while they have a tough task against Bowling Green’s up tempo high flying offense I think they have the right match up here. Georgia Southern is the #1 rushing offense in the nation, and 10th in time of possession. Bowling Green has struggled against all 4 top 50 rushing offenses they have faced giving up TD’s, and a lot of rushing yards while going 2-2 in those games. I think there is a lot more for Georgia Southern to play for in their first bowl game.
Georgia Southern won the Sun Belt last year, but were held out of a bowl at 9-3 because it was their first year as an FBS team. When you look at what this team has done over the last 3 years you should be pretty impressed. In 2013 they beat the Florida Gators, in 2014, they lost to Georgia Tech and NC State by a combined 5 points, and as I mentioned won the Sun Belt. This year they go 8-4, but crush the MAC’s own Western Michigan 43-17, and they lose in OT to Georgia. They come off a loss to Georgia State and that’s why they are getting no respect in this game, but there is something to say about a triple option team and Georgia Southern runs it arguably better than anyone. There is a good reason why this team did well in their first year in the Sun Belt, just like Navy did with their triple option in their first year in the AAC.

I don’t see Bowling Green being able to prepare for this triple option. There is absolutely no history facing the triple option, and Bowling Green is without their head coach Dino Babers who head to Syracuse. This team is not content with the MAC Championship, but I don’t see how well they will be prepared for the triple option especially when you consider their defensive coordinator will be the interim coach here and he too is going to Syracuse. I guess I should have a bit more respect for a coach that sticks around for the kids, but I don’t see him giving it 100% in preparation.

There are a few other things to like about Georgia Southern as they are very opportunistic grabbing 15 interceptions, and they have a significant advantage in penalties nearly penalized 4 fewer times and special teams ranking 47th while Bowling Green ranks 119th in special teams efficiency. Both teams are really good at what they do best which is offense. Bowling Green is more balanced, but likes to do it more with the pass while Georgia Southern will run it down your throat and I feel like they can really take Bowling Green out of their rhythm here considering they dominated with over 33 minutes in time possession compared to under 30 for Bowling Green who ranked 92nd in TOP.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks