• Advertisement

Friday Night LIghts - #PAC12 Championship PLAY OF THE DAY

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

Friday Night LIghts - #PAC12 Championship PLAY OF THE DAY

Postby Pick Bot » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Colorado +8 4.4% NCAAF POD
Statistically these two teams are pretty even, but Colorado has no doubt had a more challenging schedule in conference and out of conference. Let’s start in conference play where their two most challenging games were @Stanford and @USC. Washington got both of those games at home and also went 1-1. In non-conference play Colorado played Colorado State #69 on neutral field, @Michigan #5 while Washington played Idaho #104, and Rutgers #112 at home. That will certainly change the statistics a little bit and Colorado is right there in total yards, total passing and rushing yards and yards allowed. There really is not much separating these two teams. So let’s look at the match up.

Colorado is a blitz happy team ranking 19th in sack %. Washington’s QB Jake Browning really is the story, but he had one atrocious game against USC, who has 50% of their sacks in the last 4 games as their defensive line really came alive down the stretch due to their line getting more action. The only other team that Washington played with a solid front seven was Utah and Utah definitely gave them fits in their 31-24 victory. Colorado is a better version of Utah and their secondary has two NFL Draft picks in Tedric Thompson and Chidobe Awuzie which should really frustrate Jake Browning who I think will make a mistake. After all he is only a sophomore, and this is the #1 DB havoc rate in the country that he has to face. Defensive coordinator Jim Leavitt has been the main reason Colorado has been resurgent and has forced a turnover in 25 straight games.
Colorado’s offense is also very under the radar in this match up and I think they will take it personally. Having a senior QB in Sefo Liufau who can also run the ball is a huge advantage here. This team had Michigan on the ropse before Liufau had to leave that game. There is evidence that Washington will struggle against a team with a running QB. They gave up 24 points to Utah with Troy Williams rushing for 30 yards on only 9 carries and Arizona scored 28 points with Brandon Dawkins rushing for 2 TD’s and 176 yards. I think that’s going to be the story in this game is how Liufau plays and how Colorado’s defense can impact Browning. I like both match ups for Colorado and obviously the last time Washington was in the top 4 they could not handle the pressure.

Much more pressure on Washington here and they need a win and I don’t know that they get it here.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks