• Advertisement

7/18 Free Play and Pitching Report

• Advertisement

7/18 Free Play and Pitching Report

Postby Freddy Wills » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 pm

Don't miss out on the free pick in the great match up of and as two of the hottest hitting teams in July (both in top 5) face off.

We had a great first half and believe me you won't want to miss the second half that's for sure! I expect to double our profits on our MLB POD's where we posted a 56-34 overall record profiting 56.28 units on our best plays of the day. That makes us up for $100 unit bettors and $256,470 for $1,000 unit bettors. We stay humble though as we look forward to the second half of baseball and there is no better way to start it than with our 2nd half package which is guaranteed or 1 month of football is FREE!

Wednesday we have quite the card with just three pitchers who have ERA's over 6.00 in their last three starts combined and a larger total of pitchers, pitching well with six with ERA's under 3.00 in their last three starts combined.

C.J. Wilson continues to just pitch well and do it well on the road. Wilson posts a 1.16 WHIP and a 2.84 ERA over his last three starts combined, but he posts a 2.07 ERA on the road which is nothing new for him as he posts a 2.95 ERA on the road over the last three years combined. Wilson has held the Tigers hitters in check despite a couple of rough outings vs. the Tigers last year. Overall in 66 AB he's held them to .212 average and a .593 OPS. The Tigers just are not the same vs. LHP and I love their edge in the pitching match up here on Wednesday. What I mean by they are not the same is they are scoring 0.67 runs less per 9 innings vs. LHP than they are vs. RHP and 0.96 less at home. On the other hand the Angels are completely balanced.

They'll have the RHP Doug Fister who posts a 4.56 ERA at home and a 5.82 ERA over his last three combined. All of Fisters starts vs. the Angels have come with his time with the Mariners. Collectively the Angels have 111 AB and a .279 average with a .743 OPS. The Tigers are 3-8 in his last 11 starts and he just either seems to throw a bad game or have some bad luck and right now the Angels continue to stay hot and I'll back them in this spot.

Jordan Zimmermann (2-1, 0.89WHIP, 0.95 ERA)
Travis Blackley (2-1, 0.73 WHIP, 1.64 ERA)
Ryan Vogelsong (2-1, 1.00 WHIP, 2.14 ERA)
Matt Latos (2-1, 0.71 WHIP, 1.29 ERA)
Kevin MIllwood (0-3, 0.98 WHIP, 2.20 ERA)

Though this is not going to be any sort of a sports pick that is backed by our we still like to give out the cold pitcher with the best shot at winning because often times there is a lot of value. Today's pitcher is Tommy Hunter who has held the Twins in check over his career and has held them to a .668 OPS in his career while the Orioles have beaten up on Francisco Liriano with an .831 OPS.

Jeff Samardzija (1-2, 1.31 WHIP, 6.38 ERA)
Josh Johnson (1-2, 1.59 WHIP, 6.06 ERA)
Freddy Wills
SBC Expert

• Advertisement

Return to Sports Articles