• Advertisement

Sportsbetcapping.com's BIG10 Game of the Week Pick FREE!

• Advertisement

Sportsbetcapping.com's BIG10 Game of the Week Pick FREE!

Postby Freddy Wills » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Check out my full write up and analysis in my blog as I breakdown my for Saturday's free pick.

This clearly looks like the Big Ten Championship preview in the making. It was a great game last year as Ohio State roared back to win by a TD in over time, but it did not matter much since Ohio State was not eligible and now wouldn't it be nice if Wisconsin could get revenge now that Ohio State is eligible and thinks they already have a ticket to the big game.

Both teams rely on the running game and will run the ball more than 60% of the time, but Wisconsin does it better behind their three headed rushing attack of Melvin Gordon, James White, and Corey Clement. Gordon is quickly becoming a household name as he has power and speed and is averaging 11.77 ypc. Ohio State has done it too, but both of these teams will be facing the best defenses on the other side of the ball. However, Wisconsin once again has the better front seven and is more capable of stopping the run. Braxton Miller will return and is clearly better than Joel Stave, but Miller has not played much this year due to injury and Ohio State's running game got stuffed last year against Wisconsin. Stave has actually also gotten better hooking up with WR Jarred Abbrederis who is an under rated receiver and easily will be playing at the next level (think better than Eric Decker).

Before Brett Bielema left Wisconsin he was touting this defense as the best he has had. Led by senior Chris Borland at line backer they are top in the nation allowing less than 4 yards per play. Ohio State is ranked 9th in the nation vs. the run and it appears they will be able to give Wisconsin some troubles. However, they have played Florida A&M, California ranked 101st in rushing ypc, San Diego State 119th, and Buffalo 121st and now they face Wisconsin which is ranked #1. It's a lot to ask your defense to do and the uncertainty with Miller returning leads me to believe that the Wisconsin defense will have a better shot at shutting down Ohio State than the other way around.

I love the Badgers here going on the road at night to have a chance to upset Ohio State. All the pressure is on Ohio State as they are supposed to be the team going undefeated and now a confident Wisconsin team that already got screwed over at Arizona State on the last second mistake by the refs. They have a huge chip on their shoulder especially considering how they lost the last two years to Ohio State. The front 7 was a huge question mark for Ohio State coming into the season and we are about to see why.

Freddy Wills is 9-2 ATS in his last 11 alone and is a 2x college football champion on Sportscapping.com visit him on his own website Sportsbetcapping.com for his lowest prices.
Freddy Wills
SBC Expert

• Advertisement

Return to Sports Articles