• Advertisement

**College Football Free Pick 1.5 Dimes! (3-2 TY on NCAAF Fre

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

**College Football Free Pick 1.5 Dimes! (3-2 TY on NCAAF Fre

Postby Pick Bot » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:06 pm

Take Mid-TN +7.5 (buy 1/2 point) -120 1.5 Dime Free Play

Both Mid-Tenn and Troy have identical offenses and I guess that is partially due to the fact that both teams have this one thing in common. Tony Franklin who was in Auburn last year was the offensive coordinator at Troy just 2 years ago is now the offensive coordinator for Middle Tennessee.

So the spread offense has been brought and it has translated to the nations 19th best passing game. Troy also has a good passing game that has really started to click in the last two games and are ranked 18th. Obviously the strength of schedule for these two Sun Belt teams is drastically different than the top teams in the nation which is why the rankings for passing can not be taken seriously.

However, both teams have faced some major competition so far this year. Middle TN in my opinion have faced more challenges with games @ Marylan and @ Clemson early on. The only major test Troy has had was a game against Florida. Other than that they were favorites at Bowling Green week 1 and lost 31-17. So why have they clicked the last two games? I think it might be something to do with UAB ranked 120th in pass defense and Arkansas State ranked 98th.

When they face decent pass defenses they struggle to win the game as they have the 100th ranked rushing game in the nation. Troy will go up against Mid TN who has a better defense as of right now with the 70th ranked pass defense. Troy definitely has more athletes in their front 7, but in my opinion Mid TN has a one dimensional game to prepare for and that's just the passing game from Levi Brown. For Troy they have to prepare for QB Dwight Dasher's passing game and his rushing game. He has 251 rushing yards and although I think the front 7 will take care of his rushing they will have a tough time with his passing as he's thrown 200+ in each of his 4 games including an average of 275 passing yards and 6 TD 2INT. He's faced better pass defenses and I think he's due to have a huge game here. In the last three games he's faced 53rd, 59th, 62nd ranked passing defenses and in game 1 he saw the 11th ranked Clemson where he had his worse game.

Troy with the 104th ranked passing defense is nothing scary unless they can get a pass rush out of their two star Defense Ends. Cameron Sheffield, and Brandon Lang are the best tandem in the Sun Belt and will possess some challenges for Dasher in this game. However, the weakness of this secondary will be Troy's inability to cover the spread here. They have four new guys and this is their most challenging game with the exception of Florida obviously. Mid Tenn was able to over come 4 sacks when they visited Maryland where Dasher had his best game throwing for 324 yards and won the game 32-31.

Expect a similar type game with lots of offense here, but in the end I don't see Troy winning by more than a TD especially when Mid TN has the better running game with Dasher a threat. Despite Mid TN's best RB Tanner being out of the game I still see them as more battle tested and a team to finally overcome Troy in this conference.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks