• Advertisement

5** NCAAB POD ML Shocker + Bonus Play - Both Early Games!

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

5** NCAAB POD ML Shocker + Bonus Play - Both Early Games!

Postby Pick Bot » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:17 pm

Two play package we were absolutely wrong yesterday with our play on Stanford as Dayton's athleticism and effort clearly showed, but tonight we look to rebound with a nice 2-0 performance including a big play on and under dog. Both games go early for this two play package and are backed by a full in depth analysis.

Tennessee +140 5* NCAAB POD
The SEC is 8-0 in the tourney thus far I believe and I believe they keep winning here tonight. Tennessee is a #11 seed and they clearly don't deserve that seeding but they are running with it... It's an eye opener that they opened up as a 1 point under dog against a #2 seed. Vegas knows best... I'll take the little value the public gives me when they pushed this line up and I'll just take the Vols on the ML. Tennessee is higher ranked in kenpom's rankings and they are far more balanced on both ends. The way to beat Tennessee is to get their big guys in foul trouble. When Jeronne Mayman and Jarnell Stokes are out of the game that is when Tennessee has major issues, but that won't happen here as Michigan is 307th in getting to the FT line.

I think Tennessee can defend the three and turn this into a half court game which gives them a huge advantage because Michigan is 225th in 2 point defense while Tennessee is 40th. Michigan lives and dies by the three and Tennessee will do all they can to defend it with the extra time to prepare I believe they'll have a good game plan. They also dominate in rebounding ranking 3rd in the nation in rebounding % while Michigan is 150th. I just think the nice story of Michigan finally ends here.

Iowa Sate -1.5 3.3* play
Iowa Sate went 12-6 vs. top 50 teams this year while UConn went 9-7. UConn has been on a nice run, but I just don't think they match up well here with Iowa State's guards. Shabazz Napier has issues with lengthy guards and I'm sure Fred Hoiberg will use DeAndre Kane at 6'6 to guard him. Iowa State is hotter than any other team in the tournament offensively and I don't think UConn can stop them and Melvin Ejim has nobody on Connecticut that can guard him. This is the best offense that UConn has faced all year and while Georges NIang is a big loss Iowa State showed they could over come it in their last game against UNC. The teams that give Iowa State issues are teams with size and that just is not the Huskies this year who do typically have big men. Shabaz Napier their guard lead the team in scoring and rebounding to put their size in perspective. I think we are getting tremendous value here tonight mostly because of the Niang injury, but Ejim and Kane will be just too much for the Huskies to overcome.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks