• Advertisement

ACC Conference Game Of The Week! - #1 NCAAF Expert Career

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

ACC Conference Game Of The Week! - #1 NCAAF Expert Career

Postby Pick Bot » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:32 pm

Early evening play between a couple of ACC teams sitting at 3-2 ATS with Virginia hosting Pittsburgh. Don't miss out on my full in depth analysis guaranteed or Sunday's NFL action is FREE!

Pittsburgh +5 3.3* ACC GOW
There has to be value in this line after Pitt lost as a -21 point favorite to Akron a week ago. This team was just beat up after the game against Iowa and I see them bouncing back this week. Virginia is 5-0 ATS on the year and that just can't hold up especially since Pitt is 0 for their last 3 ATS. If you just look at yards and yards allowed Pitt wins in all categories so I see a bit of value here although Pitt has their work cut out for them against Virginia's defense. VA has been dominant, but they haven't faced a running back like James Conner. Iowa was ranked 28th in run defense and Conner was able to exploit them and rush for over 150 yards.

Despite what you may hear from the media Pittsburgh does have weapons to keep a defense honest with Tyler Boyd, who is arguably the best WR in the ACC. He had 7 rec for 111 yards in last year's meeting. Pittsburgh's defense is the main reason I think they cover this spread they have not allowed teams to move the ball and they don't spend a lot of time on the field which shoudln't change against a VA offense that's 80th in the nation in yards per play. Pitt is also 22-7 ATS in their last 29 following a SU loss and they'll want to redeem themselves early here.
Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks