• Advertisement

Utah State vs. Marquette- 6** PLAY

Here you will find all of Freddy's released picks. Picks will automatically be posted here 5 minutes after the start of the game.
  • Advertisement

Utah State vs. Marquette- 6** PLAY

Postby Pick Bot » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:32 pm

VS.
6** PLAY
6** WINNER ON WASHINGTON YESTERDAY!

GUARANTEED CONTENT:

Marquette/Utah State- [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b] State no doubt dominated the WAC conference this year and finished with 30wins and 4losses.  30 wins is quite the accomplishment but I do not see this team getting to 31 against a veteran led [/b][/b]Marquette[/b][/b] team out of the nation’s strongest conference.  Sure Nova almost fell yesterday to a weak conference opponent in American, but Nova out scored American by 23 in the 2nd half.  [/b][/b]Marquette[/b][/b] like I said is a veteran led squad and I think defense will be the key against another veteran team in [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b]State[/b][/b].  The difference will be athleticism. The line in this game is low for two reasons.  The first is [/b][/b]Marquette[/b][/b] lost their best player in Dominic James and they have struggled losing 5 of their last 6 games.  I may note that they had to play Uconn, [/b][/b]Louisville[/b][/b], Pitt, and then [/b][/b]Syracuse[/b][/b] to close out the season.  I’m not sure that they would have won more than one of those games if they had James.  They blew out St. Johns and held them to 10 points in the 1st half in the Big East tournament and then lost at the buzzer to a Villanova team that they lost to earlier in the season by 18points with James. So I really question the doubters of [/b][/b]Marquette[/b][/b] and many are picking [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b]State[/b][/b] to take them down here.  [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b]State[/b][/b] really has no opponent that could be compared to a big east opponent the two best teams they played were St. Mary’s and [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b].  They lost to St. Mary’s (without their star guard-similarly) by 11 points and then they won by just 2 points on their home court to [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b]. Some of [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b]State[/b][/b]’s losses are questionable 10 points at [/b][/b]Boise[/b][/b]State[/b][/b], 5pts at BYU, and 13 points at [/b][/b]Nevada[/b][/b].  This team ended the year losing3 of their last 6 games after winning 27 of their first 28.  May I also note that teams coming off a win and going over at home now playing in the post season as a dog since the 2006 season are just 17-34-3ATS with a margin of victory of -11.1pts.  [/b][/b]Utah[/b][/b]State[/b][/b] won in their last game and went over the total at home and fits this bill.  I look for them to fall by double digits to a [/b][/b]Marquette[/b][/b] team that wants to prove they can win without their star guard. Take [/b][/b]Marquette[/b][/b] -4.5 (6** play)[/b][/b]

Pick Bot

• Advertisement

Return to Freddy Wills Released Picks