• Advertisement

WEEK 2 Promo and Free Pick on College Football

• Advertisement

WEEK 2 Promo and Free Pick on College Football

Postby Freddy Wills » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:21 pm

We have struggled early this college football season going 4-6-1 ATS on our following Pittsburgh's poor showing on Thursday night. However, over the course of my career I have been able to battle back and produce winners and that's never been more true than on Saturday's where I have enjoyed the majority of my success. In three seasons there have been only a handful of losing Saturday's and I look to erase some misfortunes from last weekend's with my free pick below and premium picks as well!

South Carolina comes off it's impressive road win against a veteran Vanderbilt team on a Thursday night that opened up the college football season and now they get extra time to prepare against an East Carolina team that will have no business being in this game. It may be funny saying that considering South Carolina on neutral field trailed East Carolina at the half 24-14 and were down by as much as 17 just one year ago, but I'm confident in my analysis on this game.

Not only will the Gamecocks have the advantage of a couple extra days of rest and preparation but they face an East Carolina team that will be replacing their best player in QB Dominique Davis. Now East Carolina goes on the road with first time starter Rio Johnson behind an offensive line that returns 4 starters, but was 92nd in pass protection a year ago? Enter defensive ends Jadeveon Clowney and Devin Taylor who should be roaming the backfield often on Saturday. This duo will be found in the NFL some day having impact on , but for now they should help force turnovers.

Turnovers are the huge issue here that makes a 21 point spread very possible. East Carolina is not only turnover prone (3 against Appalachian State last week), but they are constantly plagued by penalties that should impact their ability to score points. South Carolina's defense was a top 10 defense last year and they were able to hold Vanderbilt on the road to 3-15 on third down. On the other side of the ball East Carolina will struggle big time getting off the field on third down. That to me will be a major advantage in time of possession and will lead to Marcus Lattimore wearing down East Carolina's linebackers as they move onto a comfortable win.

- Don't think the Gamecocks don't remember nearly losing to this team last year. They were able to put up 42 points in the 2nd half to escape with a comfortable win despite 4 fumbles. With this game being at home and South Carolina having extra preparation and with a cupcake on the schedule next in UAB I believe this should be a blow out victory.
Freddy Wills
SBC Expert

• Advertisement

Return to Sports Articles